This topic explains the features of the Services Security view > Users tab.
In the Services Security view, the Users tab enables you to configure the following for a service:
- Add user accounts.
- Change service user passwords.
- Configure user authentication properties and query handling properties for the service.
- Specify the user role membership, which specifies the roles that the user belongs to on the selected service.
Procedures related to this tab are described in Service Procedures.
To access the Services Security view > Users tab:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Services.
- Select a service to which you want to add a user, and select > View > Security.
The Users tab has a User List panel on the left. Selecting a username makes the User Definition panel on the right available.
User List Panel
The User List panel has the following features.
The following figure shows the Replicate User to other services dialog.
The following figure shows the Change Password dialog.
User Definition Panel
The User Definition panel has three sections:
- User Information identifies the user as created in the Administration Security view.
- User Settings define parameters that apply to this user's access to the service.
- Role Membership defines user roles to which the user belongs.
There are two buttons:
- The Save button saves the changes made in the User Definition panel, and they become effective immediately.
- If you have not saved changes in the User Definition panel, the Reset button resets all fields and settings to their values before editing.
The User Information section has the following features.
The User Settings section has the following features.
The Role Membership section shows the roles that a user is a member of for the selected service.