When a configured Core host needs its address changed, you can set a new network address, subnet mask, and gateway for the host using the Set Network Configuration message in the Host Task List.
Specify the Network Address for a Host
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration >Services.
- In the Services grid, select a service and > View> System.
The System view for the service is displayed.
- In the Services System view toolbar, click Host Tasks.
- In the Host Task List, click Set Network Configuration.
The task is displayed in the Task field and help is displayed in the Info area.
- Enter the arguments in the Arguments field. For example:
mode=static address=192.168.0.20 netmask=255.255.255.0 gateway=192.168.0.1
- Click Run.
The task executes and the result is displayed in the Output area. The host is disconnected from Security Analytics. You must add the host again with the new address.
Previous Topic:Set Host Built-In Clock
Next Topic:Set Network Time Source
You are hereTable of Contents > Host Procedures from the Task List Dialog > Set Network Configuration