This topic provides instructions on how to:
- Add a Incident Management Data Source to Reporting Engine
- Set Incident Management Data Source as the Default Source
Make sure that:
- Hive server is in running state on all the Warehouse nodes. You can use the following command to check the status of the hive server:
status hive2 (MapR deployments)
service hive-server2 status (Pivotal HD deployments)
- Warehouse Connector is configured to write data to the warehouse deployments.
If Kerberos authentication is enabled for HiveServer2, make sure that the keytab file is copied to the
/home/rsasoc/rsa/soc/reporting-engine/conf/directory in the Reporting Engine Host.
Also, make sure that you update the keytab file location in the Kerberos Keytab File parameter in the Reporting Engine Service Config View as shown below.
- The default Kerberos configuration file is located at,
/etc/kbr5.confin the Reporting Engine. You can modify the configuration file to provide details for Kerberos realms and other parameters related to Kerberos.
- Added the host name (or FQDN) and IP address of the Pivotal nodes and Warehouse Connector to the DNS server. If the DNS server is not configured the add the host name (or FQDN) and IP address of the Pivotal nodes and Warehouse Connector to the
/etc/hostsfile in the host on which the Warehouse Connector service is installed.
Perform the following steps to associate a Warehouse data source with Reporting Engine:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Services.
- In the Services grid, select the Reporting Engine service.
- Click > View > Config.
Click the Sources tab.
The Service Config view is displayed with the Reporting Engine Sources tab open.
The New Service dialog is displayed.
- In the Source Type drop-down menu, select Warehouse.
- In the Warehouse Source drop-down menu, select the warehouse data source.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the Warehouse data source.
In the HDFS Path field, enter the HDFS root path to which the Warehouse Connector writes the data.
If /saw is the local mount point for HDFS that you have configured while mounting NFS on the device where you have installed the Warehouse Connector service to write to SAW, for more information, see Mount the Warehouse on the Warehouse Connector in the RSA Analytics Warehouse (MapR) Configuration Guide.
If you have created a directory named Ionsaw01 under /saw and provided the corresponding Local Mount Path as /saw/Ionsaw01, then the corresponding HDFS root path would be /Ionsaw01.
The /saw mount point implies to / as the root path for HDFS. The Warehouse Connector writes the data /Ionsaw01 in HDFS. If there is no data available in this path, the following error is displayed:
“No data available. Check HDFS path”
Make sure that /lonsaw01/rsasoc/v1/sessions/meta contains avro files of the meta data before performing test connection.
Select Advanced checkbox to use the advanced settings, and fill in the Database URL with the complete JDBC URL to connect to the HiveServer2.
If kerberos is enabled in hive then the JDBC url will be:
If SSL is enabled in hive then the JDBC url will be:
For more information on HIVE server clients, see https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveServer2+Clients.
If not using the advanced settings, enter the values for the Host and Port.
In the Host field, enter the IP address of the host on which HiveServer2 is hosted.
- In the Port field, enter the HiveServer2 port of the Warehouse data source. By default, the port number is 10000.
In the Username and Passwordfield, enter the JDBC credentials used to access HiveServer2.
- To run warehouse analytics reports, see Enable Jobs in Step 3. Configure Reporting Engine Data Sources.
- Enable Kerberos authentication: see Enable Kerberos Authentication in Step 3. Configure Reporting Engine Data Sources.
- If you want set the added Warehouse data source as default source for the Reporting Engine, select the added Warehouse data source and click .
Security Analytics adds the Warehouse as a data source available to reports and alerts against this Reporting Engine.