Use Variables for Parameterized Reporting
This topic provides instructions on how to add charts to a group or sub-group.
Make sure that:
- You have rules defined before you add a chart.
- You have understood the components of Build Chart view. For more information, see Build Chart View.
Perform the following steps to add charts to a group or sub-group:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Reports.
The Manage tab is displayed.
- Click Charts to display the Chart view.
- In the Chart toolbar, click .
The Build Chart tab is displayed.
- Enter the name of the chart.
- For the Reporting Engine to collect the data and generate chart results, select the Enable checkbox.
- In the Rule Basis field, do the following:
- Click Browse. The Add Rule dialog box is displayed.
- Navigate the Rule tree and select a rule.
- Click Select.
- The Rule appears in the Rule Basis field.
- Select the data source from the Data Source drop-down list.
- To modify (Optional) the Interval value, click the up or down arrow.
The Interval value is the interval in minutes at which the rule which forms the basis of the chart is run to collect data.
- Select the Limit value to limit the number of records to be displayed.
- X-Axis and Y-Axis are used to specify the meta to be plotted in charts.
In X-Axis, the Meta for the 'Group by' rule is displayed. In Y-Axis, the aggregate functions used in the rule are displayed.
- Click Save.
A confirmation message that the chart is saved successfully is displayed.
Perform the following tasks:
- You can edit, delete, refresh a chart from the Charts panel.
- You can test a chart from the Test a Chart View.
Previous Topic:Define Chart Groups and Charts
Next Topic:Add a Chart Group
You are hereTable of Contents > Working with Charts in the Reporting Module > Define Chart Groups and Charts > Add a Chart