The Rule view is the user interface for managing rules. Associated procedures are under Define Rule Groups and Rules, Manage Access for a Rule or Rule Group, Create a Chart Using a Rule, Create a Report Using a Rule, and Create an Alert Using a Rule.
You can perform the following actions using the Rule view:
- Add a rule or rule group.
- Delete rules and rule groups.
- Set access permissions for rules and rule groups.
- Import rules and rule groups.
- Export rules and rule groups.
- Edit a rule.
- Duplicate a rule.
- Create an alert.
- Create a chart.
- Create a report.
- View dependents of a rule.
- Refresh the rules in a group.
- Change the group of a rule by dragging and dropping the rule on the new group in the Rule Group panel.
To access the Rule view:
In the Security Analytics menu, click Reports.
The Manage tab is displayed.
The Rule view is displayed.
The Rule view includes the following panels:
- Rule Groups
- Rule List
- Rule Toolbar
Rule Groups Panel
The Rule Groups panel allows you to organize rules into groups using the options in the toolbar. You can create groups and sub-groups and add rules to them. You can also group and move rules between different groups.
The following figure shows the groups in the Rule Groups panel:
The following table describes the features in the Rule Groups Panel.
The Rule toolbar allows you to add, delete, edit, and duplicate a rule. The following figure shows the toolbar.
The following table describes the features in the Rule Toolbar
Rule List Panel
The following figure shows the list of rules in the Rule List panel.
The following table describes the features in the Rule List Panel.