This topic covers the following procedures:
- Add Subscribed Resources for Deployment to Services
- Create a Resource Package
- Delete a Subscription
- Display Resource Details in Live Resource View
- Download a Resource
- Locate and Remove a Deployed Resource from Services
- Remove Subscribed Resources from the Deployments Subscriptions Grid
- Show Results as a Grid or in Detail
- Subscribe and Unsubscribe to a Resource
- View Resource Details
- View Subscribed Resources Selected to Deploy on Services
After completing this procedure, you will have added subscribed resources for deployment to services.
To add subscribed resources for deployment to services:
- Navigate to the Live Configure view > Deployments tab.
- In the Groups panel, select a group.
Subscribed resources, if any, are listed in the Deployments tab Subscriptions panel.
The Add Subscription dialog, which lists subscriptions available for deployment, is displayed.
- Select the subscribed resources that you want to deploy to the services group.
The dialog closes and the subscriptions are added to the listing in the Deployments tab, Subscriptions panel. This stages the resources for deployment at the next synchronization.
You can create a package of resources that you can save in a .zip file and share with others. Please refer to Deploy Resources from a Resource Package for instructions on how to deploy resources from a package.
After completing this procedure, you will have created a resource package and saved it to a network drive.
A prerequisite for creating resource packages is configuration of the connection and synchronization between the CMS server and Security Analytics and the ability to search for resources in the User Interface.
To create a resource package:
Select the resources that you want to package in the Matching Resources grid.
Security Analytics creates a .zip file that contains the selected resources and displays the following dialog from which you can open the .zip file or save it to a network drive so that you can share the resources in the package or deploy them at a later date.
Security Analytics gives the package a generic name. You should rename it when you save it so that it identifies the resources contained in the package.
When you delete a subscription to a resource, deployed instances of the resource are not deleted. The deployed resource remains on services until explicitly removed, but the resource is no longer synchronized with the resource in Security Analytics Live.
To delete a subscription:
- In the Subscriptions tab, select the subscriptions that you want to delete.
A dialog asks for confirmation that you want to delete the subscription.
To confirm removal, click Yes.
The subscription is deleted from the subscriptions list, but any deployed instances of the subscribed resource remain on the services.
After you select a resource (in the Live Resource View), you can display its detailed information.
To open a separate tab in the Live Resource view with details of a selected resource, do one of the following:
If you are viewing the Detailed Results, click the resource type icon or the resource name.
If you are viewing the Grid Results, double-click a resource or select a resource and click Details.
Use the Live Resource View to download a resource.
To download a resource:
- Select a resource in the Resource View.
A dialog offers the option to open the file or save the file.
You can locate and remove a deployed resource from services from the Live Resource View.
To view a list of services on which a resource is deployed:
The Service Locator dialog is displayed.
- Select one or more services in the Services grid.
The resource is removed from the selected services.
You can remove resources from the Live Configure view > Deployments tab > Subscriptions panel.
This procedure removes resources from the Deployments tab Subscriptions panel.
Subscriptions that are selected for deployment to a service group are deployed during synchronization. You can remove subscriptions from the Deployments Subscriptions panel, but any that have actually been deployed to services remain deployed until someone removes them.
To remove resources from the Deployments tab Subscriptions panel:
In the Groups panel, select a group.
Subscribed resources, if any, are listed in the Subscriptions panel.
A dialog requests confirmation that you want to delete the resource from the service group. The resource is removed from the Deployments tab Subscriptions panel, but is not removed from services on which it is deployed.
This procedure describes how to toggle between the Detail and Grid display in the matching Resources panel of the Live Search view.
To switch between a paged view and a grid view:
To change to grid results when viewing detailed results, select Show Results > Grid.
To change to detailed results when viewing grid results, select Show Results > Detailed.
You can subscribe to and unsubscribe from a resource in the Live > Search view.
To subscribe to a resource:
- In the Search Criteria panel, specify search criteria and click Search.
- Select one or more resources and click .
A confirmation dialog is displayed.
- To confirm that you want to subscribe to the resource, click OK.
The resource is added to the subscriptions managed in the Subscriptions tab and is available for deployment in the Deployments tab.
When unsubscribing from a resource, you have the option to leave the resource on services on which it is deployed or to remove it from services.
To unsubscribe from a resource:
A confirmation dialog is displayed.
Do one of the following:
- To confirm that you want to unsubscribe from the resource and leave it on the services where it is deployed, click Unsubscribe.
- To confirm that you want to unsubscribe from the resource and remove it from the services where it is deployed, click Unsubscribe and Remove from Services.
- To close the dialog without unsubscribing, click Cancel.
The selected action is applied.
You can display detailed information about a subscribed resource in the Resource View.
To view details:
- In the Subscriptionstab, select a single subscription.
The details of the resource are displayed in the Resource View.
In the Live Configure view > Deployments tab you can view subscribed resources that have been selected for deployment on services.
To view subscribed resources that have been selected for deployment on services:
The resource subscriptions selected for deployment are listed in the Deployments tab Subscriptions panel.