These instructions describe how to configure hosts in new 10.6 Security Analytics installations.
Read Before You Run the STIG Script
Please read the following caution statement before you run the STIG hardening script.
Apply the STIG Hardening Script
Complete the following procedure to apply the STIG hardening to a new host:
- Log on to the host using a normal user account.
- Check for locks on the account:
- Unlock the account, if required:
pam_tally2 --user=<username> --reset
- Run the superuser command. You have three options:
- Run the sudo <command>.
- Run su and provide the root password.
- Run sudo su and provide your user password.
- Go to the /opt/rsa/AqueductSTIG/ directory and run the STIG hardening script:
The script prompts you to change nwadmin password.
- Enter new password.
- Change all the passwords on the system, including the root password, using the superuser credentials:
- Log on to the host using the root credentials.
- Change all the passwords on the system.
- Restart the host.
(Conditional) Post-STIG Application Task - If You Use Malware Analysis, Update SELinux Parameter
If you use Security Analytics Malware Analysis, you must enable Malware Analysis to communicate with other Security Analytics services. To do this, update the SELINUX parameter in the /etc/selinux/config file to the following value.