In the Services Security view Users tab, you can configure the following for a service:
- Add user accounts.
- Change service user passwords.
- Configure user authentication properties and query handling properties for the service.
- Specify the user role membership, which specifies the roles that the user belongs to on the selected service.
* You can perform these tasks in the current view.
The Users tab has a User List panel on the left. Selecting a username from the panel makes the User Definition panel on the right available.
The User List panel has the following features.
The following figure shows the "Replicate User to other services" dialog.
The following figure shows the Change Password dialog.
The User Definition panel has three sections:
- User Information identifies the user as created in the Admin Services Security view.
- User Settings define parameters that apply to this user's access to the service.
- Role Membership defines user roles to which the user belongs.
There are two buttons at the bottom of the panel:
- The Apply button saves the changes made in the User Definition panel, and they become effective immediately.
- If you have not saved changes in the User Definition panel, the Reset button resets all fields and settings to their values before editing.
The User Information section has the following features.
The User Settings section has the following features.
The Role Membership section shows a list of all roles. The checkbox next to a role is selected for the roles that a user is a member of for the selected service.