Use the Services Explore view > Properties dialog to perform the following tasks.
- Send messages to a system node
- Retrieve values for a property for multiple services
- Set values for a property for multiple services
When you select Properties from the context menu, the Properties dialog opens below the Monitor panel .
All nodes support have help that contains the following information.
- A description of the node
- The list of supported messages with a corresponding description
- Security roles needed to access the messages
The available messages vary according to the service and root folder. Many of these messages are also accessible as options with a NetWitness Platform dashboard or view.
To access the Properties dialog:
- In NetWitness Platform, go to ADMIN > Services.
- Select a service and select > View > Explore.
- In the Node list, select a file.
In the Monitor panel, right-click a property and select Properties.
The following example shows the Properties dialog with help for a message (info) displayed.
The Properties dialog has the following features.