This topic explains how to send messages to a system node in the Services Explore view > Properties dialog.
The Properties dialog opens below the Monitor panel when you select Properties from the context menu. The Properties dialog provides a user-friendly messaging tool for communication with system nodes. This is useful for getting and setting values for a property for multiple services.
All nodes support the help message, which contains:
- A description of the node.
- The list of supported messages with a corresponding description.
- Security roles needed to access the messages.
The available messages vary according to the service and root folder. Many of these messages are also accessible as options with a NetWitness Suite dashboard or view.
To access the Properties dialog:
- In NetWitness Suite, go to ADMIN > Services.
- Select a service and select > View > Explore.
- In the Node list, select a file.
- In the Monitor panel, right-click a property and select Properties.
The Properties dialog is displayed. You can also right-click any file in the Node list to display the Properties dialog.
The following example shows the Properties dialog with help for a message (info) displayed.
The Properties dialog has the following features.