The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) is an agency of the United States Department of the Treasury for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence. The OFAC administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on U.S. foreign policy and national security goals against targeted foreign states, organizations, and individuals. To enforce economic sanctions, OFAC seeks to prevent "prohibited transactions," to include trade or financial transactions with individuals or organizations that are deemed to be a threat to U.S. national security.
The Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) and Block Persons List is an OFAC publication which lists individuals and organizations with whom U.S. citizens and permanent residents are prohibited from doing business, such as organizations or persons that are known funding sources for terrorist groups.
Organizations using RSA Archer Third Party Governance to manage third party vendors can compare the information from the OFAC SDN List with their vendor profiles and contacts to determine if their suppliers are considered an SDN. This integration centralizes this SDN list information, compares the list to vendors and contact, and, upon finding a match, alerts stakeholders to take remediation actions. The RSA Archer integration with the U.S. Treasury SDN List assists procurement managers in managing and prioritizing the SDN vendor and contact match process, reducing the risk of conducting business with blocked or sanctioned organizations.
U.S. Department of the Treasury Specially Designated National and Blocked Persons List Integration with RSA Archer enables organizations to:
- Automate the process of comparing your vendor catalog to the SDN List of organizations and contacts with whom you should not be doing business
- Reduce the time required to review and evaluate matching vendor or contact records
- Quickly implement remediation and assign accountability to address organizations or individuals with whom you should not be doing business
Solution and Platform Information
- Solution Area: RSA Archer Third Party Governance
- Impacted Use Cases:
- RSA Archer Third Party Catalog
- RSA Archer Third Party Engagement
- RSA Archer Issues Management
- Supported Platform Version: This offering has been developed for and validated on RSA Archer Platform Release 6.3.
- On-Demand Application (ODA) Requirements: One (1) on-demand application is required for this integration.
For More Information
To learn more about the U.S. Department of the Treasury Specially Designated National and Blocked Persons List RSA Ready certified integration:
For Additional Support
To learn more about this offering, please contact your Account Rep for additional details. For technical support questions regarding this offering, please open a support case or contact RSA Archer at email@example.com for more information.