000035727 - Why can't I access the RSA Archer Customer/Partner community on RSA Link?

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Nov 12, 2017Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jan 16, 2018
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000035727
Applies ToRSA Product Set: RSA Archer
Platform: RSA Link (community.rsa.com)
IssueWhen I try to visit the RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community on RSA Link I am prompted to log in, but then I am presented with an Unauthorized error.
User-added image
Additionally, when I try to view the discussion threads for the community on the RSA Archer Suite page I see the following message:

These discussions are only accessible by verified RSA Archer customers and partners. Please log in with a valid account to view.

User-added image
CauseThe RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community is restricted to only RSA Archer customers, RSA partners and RSA employees.  This means that users must be validated as such before being granted access.  If a user did not register as an RSA customer or partner when creating their RSA Link account, or if they do not have a valid RSA Archer maintenance contract associated with their account, then they will not be able to access the restricted community or its content.
ResolutionTo validate that you are an RSA customer or partner, you must register for an RSA Link account at https://community.rsa.com/register and select the I am an RSA Customer or Partner option.  You will then need to provide your Site ID, contract number or RSA Archer license key where requested.  (Click here for instructions on locating your license key.  You may also contact RSA Customer Support for assistance.)
User-added image
Registering as a customer in this way will not only provide access to the RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community but will also allow you to download the RSA Archer platform full installer and will grant you access to the My RSA Case Management portal.
If you have already registered for an RSA Link account but did not select the I am an RSA customer or partner option then you can update your account as explained in the following article: How to re-register as a customer or partner on RSA Link
WorkaroundAlternatively, if you need access to the RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community but are unable to access your license key, Site ID or contract number then you may choose to click on the Request Access to Private RSA Archer Communities link in the right navigation menu.  This will require you to submit a short request form, after which you will be manually granted access to the restricted community a short time later by an RSA Archer community manager.

This method is not recommended because, although you will be granted access to the RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community, you will not be able to download the RSA Archer platform full installer or access the My RSA Case Management portal unless you register as an RSA customer or partner.

User-added image
NotesIf you have already registered as an RSA Archer customer and have a coworker that needs the same access, you  can expedite the process by following the instructions in the following article:  How do I add my colleagues to our account in RSA Link?

Using this method will allow your coworkers to quickly register as an RSA customer without needing to provide their RSA Archer license key, and they will be granted the same access to the My RSA Case Management portal that you have.

Attachments

Outcomes