000035748 - Issue with All-in-One Logs upgrade from RSA Security Analytics 10.5.2.0 or 10.6.0.0 to 10.6.4.0 due to RabbitMQ

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Dec 9, 2017
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000035748
Applies ToRSA Product Set: NetWitness Logs & Packets / Security Analytics
RSA Product/Service Type: Security Analytics UI,
All-In-One (AIO) Appliance
RSA Version/Condition: 10.6.0.1 and later
Platform: CentOS
O/S Version: EL6
Issue

When you update from RSA Security Analytics 10.5.2.0 or 10.6.0.0 to 10.6.4.0 in All-in-One Logs setup from Security Analytics UI, the puppet and rabbitmq-server services are stopped.
Example Update Error screen in the user interface:

Update Error
Cannot complete the Update.
Resolve the following errors and try again.
rsa-puppet-scripts.noarch
:"Execution of '/usr/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y update rsa-puppet-scripts' returned 1: Error:
Package: python-libs-2.6.6.66.el6_8.i686(@RSASoftware)\n Requires: libcrypto.so.10\n
Removing: openssl-1.0.1e-48.el6_8.i686 (@RSASoftware)\n Requires: libcrypto.so.10\n
Obsoleted By: libowb1_0_1-1.2.1.0-1.x86_64 (@RSASoftware)\n Not found\n Available:
openssl-1.0.1e-30.el6_8.i686

The package nwlogcollectortools also fails to upgrade.
CauseUpgrade hangs due to rabbitmq-server being in stopped status.
Upgrade process stopped after this line in the /var/log/yum.log file:

Mar 10 19:44:13 Updated: rabbitmq-server-3.5.7-2.el6.noarch
ResolutionThis issue is currently being investigated by the Engineering team in order to resolve it in a future release.
If you are experiencing this issue, contact RSA Customer Support and quote this article number for further assistance.
WorkaroundPerform the following:
  1. Start the puppet service using the following command:

service puppet start

In the background this will run `puppet agent -t` which should restart any stopped instances of rabbitmq-server.

2. In the RSA Security Analytics UI, check if the update is successful and click Reboot.
  3. After the RSA Security Analytics user interface is back up, check the updates on the Host view and click Update.
  4. Click Reboot.

Attachments

Outcomes