This topic contains the minimum Azure VM configuration settings recommended for the NetWitness Platform (NW) virtual stack components.
The recommended settings in the NetWitness Platform component VM tables below were calculated under the following conditions.
- Ingestion rates of 15,000 EPS were used.
- All the components were integrated.
- The Log stream included a Log Decoder, Concentrator, and Archiver.
- Incident Management was receiving alerts from the Reporting Engine and Event Stream Analysis.
- The background load included reports, charts, alerts, investigation, and respond.
The following table displays are the storage recommendations for NetWitness Azure VMs.
Azure Image Type Rate (EPS) CPU (Cores) RAM (GB) Instance Type (Azure Name) Cache NW Does not apply 16 112
Log Decoder 15,000 32 128 Standard D32s_v3 Read/
Log Concentrator 15,000 16 112
Archiver 15,000 16 112 Standard D14_v2 Read/
ESA 15,000 20 140
Log Collector 15,000 8 32 Standard D8s_v3 Read/
The following table displayed the storage recommendations of volume group, folder, size, and disk type
Storage Recommendations - Volume Group, Folder, Size, and Disk Type (Contd..)
|Volume Group||Folder||Size||Disk Type|
*Reporting Engine, Respond, and Health & Wellness can be co-located on NetWitness Server host.
Table of Contents > VM Configuration Recommendations