RSA announces the End of Primary Support (EOPS) for RSA ECAT 4.1, including all its derivative service packs and patches. RSA ECAT 4.1 reached EOPS on December 31, 2017. Extended support will not be offered.
RSA ECAT 4.1; RSA ECAT 18.104.22.168; RSA ECAT 22.214.171.124; RSA ECAT 4.1.1; RSA ECAT 126.96.36.199; RSA ECAT 4.1.2
- Customers who have deployed RSA ECAT 4.1 or one of its derivative releases are encouraged to upgrade to the latest version, currently RSA NetWitness Endpoint (formerly ECAT) 4.4. Please contact your local RSA Sales Representative or RSA Customer Support if there are any questions or concerns with the upgrade. Full details and instructions for upgrading are provided in the upgrade documentation.
- Customers on version 4.1.2 can update directly to version 4.4. For customers on any other 4.1 versions, a two-hop update is supported, using version 4.1.2 as an intermediary step where necessary:
- 4.1.2 -> 4.4
- 188.8.131.52 -> 4.1.2. -> 4.4
- 4.1.1 -> 4.1.2 -> 4.4
- 184.108.40.206 -> 4.1.2 -> 4.4
- 220.127.116.11 -> 4.1.2 -> 4.4
- Customers can also update to one of the other supported versions in the 4.2 or 4.3 families. However, note that EOPS was announced for the 4.2 family in January 2018. Therefore, we strongly recommend against updating from 4.1 to 4.2 at this time. In addition, while 4.3 will continue to be supported, our regular cadence of patch updates has moved to 4.4. We strongly recommend customers upgrade to 4.4 instead of 4.3 in order to continue to receive regular patch updates. The EOPS schedule for the product line can be found here.
- Please remember to keep your system patched to the latest available level. Updates are announced via Customer Advisories and details, including download links, are available on RSA Link at https://community.rsa.com/community/products/netwitness/44
- For customers who have deployed RSA ECAT 4.0 or earlier, there is no supported upgrade path directly to 4.4. However, a multi-hop upgrade is possible. Please see the RSA NetWitness Endpoint lifecycle page and associated upgrade documents for assistance.
Please contact your local RSA Sales Representative or RSA Customer Support if there are any questions or concerns with the upgrade. Full details and instructions for upgrading are provided in the upgrade documentation.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.