RSA announces the End of Primary Support (EOPS) for RSA NetWitness Endpoint 4.2, as well as all its derivative service packs and patches. RSA NetWitness Endpoint 4.2 has reached EOPS as of January 31, 2018. Extended support will not be offered.
RSA NetWitness Endpoint 4.2; RSA NetWitness Endpoint 18.104.22.168; RSA NetWitness Endpoint 22.214.171.124; RSA NetWitness Endpoint 126.96.36.199; NetWitness Endpoint 188.8.131.52.
- Customers who have deployed RSA NetWitness Endpoint 4.2 or one of its derivative releases are encouraged to upgrade to the latest version, currently RSA NetWitness Endpoint 4.4, before January 2018. Please contact your local RSA Sales Representative or RSA Customer Support if there are any questions or concerns with the upgrade. Full details and instructions for upgrading are provided in the upgrade documentation.
- The following upgrade paths are supported:
- 184.108.40.206 -> 4.4
- 220.127.116.11 -> 18.104.22.168 -> 4.4
- 22.214.171.124 -> 126.96.36.199 -> 4.4
- 188.8.131.52 -> 184.108.40.206 -> 4.4
- 4.2 -> 220.127.116.11 -> 4.4
- While customers can also update to one of the other supported versions in the 4.3 family, please note that RSA’s regular patching upgrade cadence has moved from 4.3 to 4.4. Therefore, we strongly recommend ALL customers upgrade to RSA NetWitness Endpoint 4.4. The release lifecycles for RSA NetWitness Endpoint can be found here.
Please remember to keep your system patched to the latest available version. Updates are announced via Customer Advisories and details, including download links, are available on RSA Link at https://community.rsa.com/community/products/netwitness/44.
- For customers who have deployed RSA ECAT 4.1 and its derivative releases, please read the EOPS Advisory on RSA ECAT 4.1 for detailed information on how to proceed with upgrading to RSA NetWitness Endpoint 4.4
- For customers who have deployed RSA ECAT 4.0 or earlier, there is no supported upgrade path directly to 4.4. However, there is a multi-upgrade path available should it be needed. Please see subsequent version upgrade guides or the RSA NetWitness Endpoint lifecycle for more details
Please contact your local RSA Sales Representative or RSA Customer Support if there are any questions or concerns with the upgrade. Full details and instructions for upgrading are provided in the upgrade documentation.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.