|Resolution||The unlock itself will not force the customer to re-register challenge questions (enrollment). But a user can only be reset if it has previously been locked.|
Locked user scenarios:
- A user is locked by reaching the threshold of the maximum failed challenge attempts.
- A user that is locked can be either:
- Unlocked – The system will mark it as unlocked and after a successful login the user status will be marked as verified.
After a successful login and responding the challenge that was failed, the “Failed Challenge” counter will be reset.
This will not re-register the questions.
- In the CSR Admin, press the “Unlock” button.
- From the API documentation:
The unlockUser method unlocks a user that has been locked out of the system due to failure on the challenge method.
- Reset – The system will mark it as unverified and the customer will have to re-register the questions. In the CSR Admin, press the “Reset” button. This button will only appear when the user is locked.
- A user will be requested for re-enrollment (register the questions) when:
- First login into the system.
- User is deleted in the CSR Admin.
- User is “Reset” in the CSR Admin.
- According to the documentation it should be only used when the user is locked and doesn't know the answers to the challenge questions; otherwise, it should be unlocked and will not be requested for enrollment.