|Applies To||RSA Product Set: RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle|
RSA Product/Service Type: Appliance, Enterprise Software
RSA Version/Condition: 7.0.2, 7.0.2 P01, 7.0.2 P02, 7.0.2 P03, 7.0.2 P4
|Issue||There is a known issue in RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle 7.0.2 prior to P05 that can cause the Aveksa Statistics Report (ASR) to stay in the Generating state. The report run will never complete, it cannot be cancelled and newly submitted reports have the same issue. Therefore, ASR reports cannot be run successfully from the Administration Console.|
For reference see ACM-76633 in the RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle 7.0.2 Patch 5 Release Notes.
|Cause||The reason for this behavior is that there are special characters in the node name.|
|Resolution||Upgrade to 7.0.2 P05 or later to fix the issue. If that is not possible at this time, a Workaround can be used instead. Refer to the Workaround section below.|
- Upload both the asrOut.sql and printout.sql that are attached to this article to your RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle server's /tmp directory. If you don't already have a /tmp directory, please create one (it can be deleted after completing the steps below). Ensure permissions are set so that the oracle user can read the files (that is, set to 644). For example,
oracle@acm-702:~> ls -l /tmp/*.sql
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6340 Jul 5 03:16 /tmp/asrOut.sql
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 559 Jul 5 02:43 /tmp/printout.sql
- Login as the oracle user, then start sqlplus:
sqplus / as sysdba
- From the sqlplus prompt, run only the asrOut.sql file, as follows:
- A lot of screen output will be generated in HTML mode, and the last lines should show:
currently spooling to /tmp/asrOut.html
SQL> spool off
- Exit from sqlplus (to cancel HTML mode)
- Download /tmp/asrOut.html. It will contain the same information as normally produced in an ASR report.
- The attached asrOut.sql file is only supported for the specific RSA product versions listed in this article. Contact RSA Support if you need to use this method to get ASR information for another version of RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle..
- This method should only be used if the ASR report cannot be run normally from the Administration Console. It is not supported by RSA for any other purpose.
- If required for troubleshooting in a support case, the /tmp/asrOut.html file can be sent to RSA Support using one of the methods described in 000034866 - How to upload files to RSA Customer Support for analysis.