|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Archer|
RSA Product/Service Type: Archer
RSA Version/Condition: 126.96.36.199
|Issue||The following symptoms were observed:|
|Cause||When all of the below conditions are met:|
1. The data feed contains a cross-reference that is mapped
2. The data feed cross-reference is to an application or questionnaire that is not provided out-of-the-box
3. The data feed was exported from a source instance and imported into a destination instance where the LevelID of the application that the cross-reference targets is different between the two instances.
4. You are using an out-of-the-box Data Feed Transform that translates the cross-reference field into a source field named "Relationship_#" where # is the LevelID.
Then the out of the box data feed transforms for Archer to Archer data feed is unable to handle this situation and the data feed will not function properly after being imported into the destination instance.
This is not a defect, it is a limitation of the default out of the box transform for the data feed.
The issue can be resolved during the data feed development (Resolution #1), during data feed installation (Resolution #2), or at any time in development or deployment (Resolution #3).
Resolution #1 (In the instance you are developing the data feed):
Modify the out of the box transform to not use levelIDs for relationships as described below.
1. On the Navigation tab of the data feed, in the Transform section:
2. On line 40, remove this row
<xsl:variable name="fieldName" select="translate(@levelId, ': ', '__')" />
3. On line 40, add this row
<xsl:variable name="fieldName" select="translate(@levelGuid, ': ', '__')"/>
4. Save the data feed
5. Reload Source Definition and Remap fields on the Data Map Tab
6. Save the data feed.
7. Confirm data feed is working as expected
This data feed is now portable from this instance to all instances that have the required applications installed.
Resolution #2 (In the instance you are installing the data feed)
1. Reload the source definition on the Source Definition Tab of the data feed
2. Remap all the fields on the Data Map tab.
3. Save the data feed.
This will be needed every time you install this data feed to any instance.
Resolution #3 (In all instances)
Synchronize the identities of the level ID column.
1. Backup databases in all instances
2. Copy production database and use it to overwrite and replace the existing Dev/QA instances databases.
This will be needed whenever you make new applications and new data feeds and want to use the out of the box transform designed for out of the box applications in the data feeds.