000036256 - How can I set up security questions for my RSA Link account?

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Apr 13, 2018
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000036256
Applies ToRSA Product Set: RSA Link (community.rsa.com)
RSA Product/Service Type: Self-Service Portal (community.rsa.com/selfservice)
Platform: Web Browser
IssueI chose to only set up On-Demand Authentication (ODA) as my step-up authentication method when I registered for an RSA Link account, but now I would like to set up security questions as an alternative method.
ResolutionFollow the instructions below to configure security questions for your account for the first time.
  1. Navigate to the RSA Link Self-Service Portal:  https://community.rsa.com/selfservice

2. Log in with your User ID, which for all non-employees is their email address.

User-added image

3. Select Password as the authentication method.

User-added image

4. Enter the password for your RSA Link account.

User-added image

5. Upon logging in, if your security questions haven't yet been configured then you will be immediately prompted to do so.

User-added image

6. After selecting your questions, providing your answers and clicking on the Submit Your Request button you will see a message confirming that you were successful.

User-added image

After configuring your security questions, the next time you are prompted to provide additional identity verification, you will be able to choose whether you would like to answer one of your security questions or if you would like to authenticate using the On-Demand Authentication (ODA) method.

User-added image
NotesIf you have already configured your security questions but would like to reset them, refer to the following article:  How do I reset the security questions for my RSA Link account?

Attachments

Outcomes