RSA announces availability of RSA Archer Release 6.4.
RSA Archer Platform running on all supported Operating System (OS) platforms.
RSA announces general availability of RSA Archer Release 6.4. The release includes new and updated IT & Security Risk Management use cases, new and updated capabilities for the RSA Archer Platform related to integration, performance, user productivity, and a number of software fixes. Some of the enhancements and features of Release 6.4 including the following:
For IT & Security Risk Management use cases:
- The new RSA Archer Cyber Incident & Breach Response use case brings together cyber incident and breach operations capabilities, including:
- Catalog organizational and IT assets
- Establish asset business context to drive incident prioritization
- Escalate, investigate, and resolve declared incidents
- Enhancements to the RSA Archer Information Security Management System (ISMS) use case include:
- A risk management framework to simplify scoping of threats and vulnerabilities
- Automatic generation of ISMS Risk & Control Statements that describe the control’s relevance to the organization’s risk assessment and treatment process
- A new questionnaire based on ISO 27001 standards to identify key gaps in the organization’s risk posture
- The ability to link specific business units or divisions to the Statement of Applicability
- ISMS audit capabilities that provide a taxonomy for reviewing risks, creating findings, and applying exception requests
For the RSA Archer Platform:
- Integration and Data Feed enhancements:
- XSLT 3.0 Support to create more robust and efficient XSL transforms for data feeds and enable multi-step processing
- Performance improvements:
- Batch Content Save capabilities that improve data feed performance by batching records together to rapidly ingest and process large volumes of content
- Data Feed Calculation improvements that provide the ability to hold all recalculations until the data feed completes and then condense duplicates recalculations
- Administrator and User Experience improvements:
- Embed a Report within a Record allows the Archer admin to save a report and then display that report within a record.
- Calculated Cross-Reference configures a cross-reference field to automatically populate based on filtering criteria enabling relationships between content to be built dynamically.
- Advanced Workflow Logging captures logging data to document which user advances the record to the next workflow stage.
- Permission Investigation Console enables the Archer admin to analyze a specific user or user’s access permissions for a specific content record simplifying access control troubleshooting.
Information regarding these enhancements and more can be found in the RSA Archer Release 6.4 What's New Guide and Release Notes. Also refer to the Release Notes for additional information regarding software fixes.
RSA recommends that customers running RSA Archer Release 5.5, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, or 6.3+ apply this latest update. Please note that all releases are cumulative.
To upgrade to RSA Archer Release 6.4, please note the following:
- For upgrades from RSA Archer Release 6.0 or earlier:
- This requires a new license key that is specific to your environment.
- To obtain a new RSA Archer Release 6.4 license key, please follow these instructions.
- Upgrades from RSA Archer Release 6.1, 6.2, or 6.3 do NOT require a new license key. Download the Release 6.4 installer on RSA Link.
- DO NOT install the new 6.4 license key to your 5.x environment. Doing so could result in some content becoming unavailable.
To read the Release Notes for RSA Archer Release 6.4 and additional release documentation, please visit the Release 6.4 subspace on the private RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community on RSA Link. Not yet a member of RSA Link? Register for an account on RSA Link with access to the private RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.