|Applies To||RSA Product Set: RSA Link (community.rsa.com)|
Product/Service Type: Jive for Outlook Plugin
Platform: Lithium JX (formerly Jive-x), Windows 7/10, Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013
|Issue||I need to provide the logs from the Jive for Outlook plugin to RSA Customer Support to assist them in an investigation for an issue that I'm experiencing.|
|Resolution||The Jive for Outlook plugin, which can be used with RSA Link to provide users with a quick way to participate in the product communities from within their Outlook client, is locally installed on users' machines. This means that the log files are also located on the users' machines and can be easily located by following the steps below.|
- Open the Run Prompt by typing the Windows+R shortcut.
Alternatively, you can press the Start button and type the word run which will allow you to select the Run Prompt from the search results.
The screenshot below is from Windows 10.
- Type %appdata%\Offisync\logs and press enter or click the OK button.
- A Windows Explorer window will open revealing the logs for the plugin.
If you also have the Jive for Office plugin installed then you will also find logs for that plugin in this same location.
The relevant logs to collect will have names similar to the examples below.
- Select all of the relevant files (which can be done by holding Shift and clicking on the items) and then right-click one of them and select the Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder option.
You may also simply type Ctrl+A to select all log files if you do not want to select the relevant files manually.
- A zip file will be created that will inherit the name of the log upon which you right-clicked in the previous step. Rename it to be something more intuitive and relevant.
- Drag the zip file onto your desktop or into another location where it will be easy to find.
You will then be able to provide the zipped log files to the RSA Customer Support team for analysis.
|Notes||For instructions on how to install and configure the plugin, refer to the article entitled How to install the Jive for Outlook plugin for RSA Link.|