BigID has introduced the first software solution that is purpose-built for the protection and privacy of personal data. Leveraging machine learning and identity intelligence, BigID enables customers to find and govern personal information across the enterprise.
BigID provides the capability to conduct personal data discovery, indexing and inventorying. Via a data feed to RSA Archer, BigID enables customers to align data risk and compliance management functions with system-level intelligence of personal data location, residency and associated identities. Scan results can be viewed, and reported on, from the RSA Archer Data Governance use case.
The integration between RSA Archer and the BigID extends customers’ ability to implement a holistic approach to EU GDPR compliance programs, and efficiently operationalize GDPR obligations for data subject access rights, including DSAR reports, record modification and data process record keeping.
BigID Data Mapper integration with RSA Archer enables organizations to:
- Automation of Article 30 Record of Processing Activities – BigID automatically populates the personal information discovered in applications and data sources in RSA Archer GDPR Article 30 GDPR workflows. This integration enhances the accuracy of the documentation and minimizes the need for business user surveys to perform personal data discovery and data source profiling.
- Data Inventory and Risk Assessment – BigID’s automated scan of enterprise data sources supports and situates data-driven governance and risk assessment processes in RSA Archer by providing a data inventory, and data risk profiling and a heat map by data type.
- Data Governance Automation – The BigID personal data inventory catalog serves as a baseline input for general data governance activities, delivering visibility and context to frame access management and security controls by data sets.
- Operationalize and Fulfill Data Subject Access Rights – Customers can leverage RSA Archer workflows for facilitating incoming DSAR requests and automate fulfillment through the BigID data feed integration. BigID’s data inventory, indexed by data subject, enables customers to generate a DSAR report on request and display the results through a dedicated interface.
Solution and Platform Information
- Solution Area: Regulatory & Corporate Compliance Management
- Impacted Use Cases: RSA Archer Data Governance
- On-Demand Application Requirements: One (1) On Demand Application (ODA) is required for the BigID integration.
- Supported Platform Version: This offering has been developed for and validated on RSA Archer Platform release 6.3 SP1.
For More Information
To learn more about the BigID Data Mapper RSA Ready certified integration: