000036362 - Why did I receive an email telling me to reset my Dell EMC Online Support password if I am an RSA customer?

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on May 17, 2018
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000036362
Applies ToRSA Customers and Partners
IssueI received an email stating that I need to reset my password on the Dell EMC Online Support website (https://support.emc.com) but I'm not sure why I received it or if it's legitimate as I am not a Dell EMC customer.

User-added image

I also received a similar email a few days previous informing me of the forthcoming email regarding the password reset.

User-added image
ResolutionBecause the majority of RSA University training courses currently reside on the Dell EMC Education Services website, you are required to register for a Dell EMC Online Support (OLS) account in order to access any courses for which you wish to register.  (For more information refer to the following knowledge base article:  Why won't my RSA Link credentials work when logging in to access RSA University courses?)

User-added image

Therefore the email that was received is indeed legitimate and is in regards to the account you created when attempting to access an RSA University course.
NotesIf you have any questions or concerns about this information, please contact the RSA University support team for assistance.

Attachments

Outcomes