000036452 - What should I do if I forgot the password for my RSA Link account?

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 16, 2018Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 16, 2018
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000036452
Applies ToRSA Link Users
IssueI can't remember the password for my RSA Link account and need to know how to reset it.
ResolutionWhen at the login prompt for RSA Link, if you don't remember your password you can click on the Forgot Password link as shown in the screenshot below.

User-added image

Doing so will display the Forgotten Password page in the RSA Registration Portal, which will prompt you for the email used to register for your account.  After entering your email address, click on the Continue button.

User-added image

You will then be presented with a confirmation page stating that an email with a temporary password has been sent to the email address you provided.

User-added image

You will then receive an email address from SelfServiceRSA@rsa.com with a temporary password to log in, as shown in the example below.

User-added image

The temporary password can then be used to log in to RSA Link, at which point you will be prompted to set up a new password.  Upon updating your password you will be logged in successfully to RSA Link.

User-added image

If you experience any issues with these steps, please contact RSA Customer Support at https://community.rsa.com/contact for further assistance. 
NotesIf an RSA or Dell employee attempts to request a temporary password they will see the following error message:

Our records indicate that this email address is for an RSA or Dell employee. If you have already registered for an RSA Link account, please log in using your NT ID and password. If you continue to experience issues, please send an email to rsalink@rsa.com for further assistance. 

User-added image

This is because employees use Single Sign-on (SSO) with their NT ID and password to authenticate and therefore are unable to reset their password in this way.  Employees with questions about this should engage the RSA Link team for assistance.

Attachments

Outcomes