|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Manager
RSA Version/Condition: 8.2 or later
|Issue||An RSA Authentication Manager replica instance was being deployed and attached to an existing Authentication Manager deployment and failed during the attach stage. |
|Cause||During the attach failure, a zip file called appliance_setuplogs.zip gets generated and this revealed an error that indicates the administrator is adding a replica instance to an Authentication Manager deployment where the replica instance limit has been reached in the license. For example, the error below shows the attempted attachment of a replica named am8r01.rsa.local:|
@@@2018-05-17 03:28:01,467 ERROR [ReplicaAttach] GUILog.traceThrowable(637) | error:
com.rsa.authmgr.internal.replication.TransportClientUnexpectedStatusException: Expected the HTTP response code 200, but got: 500 Message: java.lang.RuntimeException:
The am8r01.rsa.local replica with the 64ee250f98041fac36100c4dbdd531ca instance ID was not able to attach. This replica exceeds the number of instances allowed by the license.
|Resolution||An administrator can perform the following steps to check and clean up an Authentication Manager deployment of unwanted replica instances:|
- From the Security Console, view the installed licenses and checkto see if you have a Base or Enterprise license.
- A Base license allows for one replica instance in the Authentication Manager deployment.
- An Enterprise license allows for up to fifteen replica instances.
- Check the number of replica instances in the Authentication Manager deployment
- Check Replication Status of the replicas in the deployment.
- Count the number of replica instances or, where there are none, an administrator will get the following warning:
There are no replica instances configured for this deployment.
- From the Security Console navigate to RADIUS > RADIUS Servers.
- Check the number of RSA RADIUS Servers that have a type of Replica.
- Delete any unwanted Authentication Manager replica instances from the deployment where found using the procedure on how to delete a replica instance.
- Deploy a new Authentication Manager replica instance. Depending on the version of the deployment, use one of the following guides:
|Notes||Should you still experience an issue deploying and attaching an Authentication Manager replica instance to the Authentication Manager deployment then please contact RSA Customer Support and open a technical support case. Please have your license serial number ready, to speed up the process of opening a case.|