|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: Authentication Agent API 8.5 for C.
RSA Version/Condition: 8.5
- A customer's custom agent is built using RSA Authentication Agent API 8.5.
- The file sdopts.rec contains two USESERVER parameters where the IP addresses are replica instances (local)
- Authentication works
- Using acestatus returns a list of authentication manager instances.
- Defined preferred servers in sdopts.rec where one replica instance is located in the US (local) and the second replica instance is located in remote site.
- If the request goes to remote Authentication Manager server, the authentication fails and the acestatus fails to return a list of Authentication Manager instances and shows the error message:
Error cannot reach ACE/Server
- The real-time authentication activity monitor does not report any authentication requests.
|Cause||It appears that the Authentication API 8.5 for C does not honor the preferred server settings defined in sdopts.rec when the servers are in remote location(s).|
|Resolution||This issue has been reported in the defect AAC-793 and AAC-799 and resolved in 8.5.1 build 112. A hot fix is available to resolve this issue. Contact customer support to obtain the hot fix.|