RSA announces availability of RSA Archer Release 6.4 SP1.
RSA Archer Platform running on all supported Operating System (OS) platforms.
RSA announces general availability of RSA Archer Release 6.4 SP1. The release includes enhanced capabilities and a number of software fixes for the RSA Archer Platform. In addition, the release provides updates to IT & Security Risk Management, Regulatory & Corporate Compliance Management, and Public Sector Solutions use cases.
Use case enhancements include:
- RSA Archer IT & Security Vulnerabilities Program:
- Improved performance for ingestion of vulnerability detections to support large enterprise environments
- Pre-built scanner integrations with Qualys and Tenable
- Pre-built integration with the National Vulnerability Database (NVD)
- Pre-defined workflows to manage the vulnerability management program
- New Vulnerability Tickets application to track remediation actions needed to address vulnerabilities identified by scanners
- RSA Archer Controls Assurance Program Management and RSA Archer IT Controls Assurance Program Management:
- End-to-end Compliance Project Management allows personnel to scope in controls and plan and generate appropriate Control tests as needed
- Standard workflow for design tests, operating tests, and control self assessments
- Control Procedure Hierarchy provides a master list of Controls and automated creation of Control Instances via the Control Generator for different business entities and infrastructure
- New Evidence Repository application provides a single repository with check-in/check-out support for evidence gathered in the Compliance testing process
- RSA Archer Assessment & Authorization (A&A):
- New Electronic Signature capability using RSA Archer authentication or emailed PIN authorization to enable digital signatures and signature tracking
- New Assessment Objectives application enhance integration of RSA Archer A&A and other RSA Archer Public Sector use cases with RSA Archer core use cases
- RSA Archer PCI Management:
- New Master Controls application provides a central repository for all controls across the organization
- Improved controls tracking and content structure
- RSA Archer Issues Management:
- Advanced Workflow Logging for Findings, Remediation Plans, and Exception Requests applications
- Addition of permanent exception requests
RSA Archer Platform enhancements include:
- Electronic signature using RSA Archer authentication or emailed PIN authorization
- Data Feed performance and scalability improvements when using the Batch Content Save Token
- Additional filtering capabilities for Calculated Cross-Reference and Report Object to support hierarchical values lists
- Performance improvements for hierarchical values lists
- Dynamic Field Population via Mapping for Bulk Action to populate fields with content assigned from a related field
- Continued removal of Silverlight for Manage Solutions and Manage Dashboards
- Continued accessibility improvements
Additional information regarding these enhancements can be found in the RSA Archer 6.4 SP1 What's New Guide. Details on software fixes are available in the RSA Archer Release 6.4 SP1 Release Notes. View the latest use case documentation and obtain the use case installation packages on the RSA Archer Solutions & Use Cases subspace on RSA Link.
RSA recommends that customers running RSA Archer Releases 5.5, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, or 6.3+ apply this latest update. Please note that all releases are cumulative.
To upgrade from RSA Archer Release 6.1, 6.2, or 6.3:
- Download the Release 6.4 installer on RSA Link.
- A new license key is NOT required.
To upgrade to RSA Archer Release 6.4, please note the following:
- For upgrades from RSA Archer Release 6.0 or earlier:
- This requires a new license key that is specific to your environment.
- To obtain a new RSA Archer Release 6.4 license key, please follow these instructions.
- DO NOT install the new 6.4 license key to your 5.x environment. Doing so could result in some content becoming unavailable.
To read the Release Notes for RSA Archer Release 6.4 and additional release documentation, please visit the Release 6.4 SP1 subspace on the private RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community on RSA Link. Not yet a member of RSA Link? Register for an account on RSA Link with access to the private RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.