The RSA SecurID Access July release includes the following updates and improvements to the Cloud Authentication Service:
- The Cloud Authentication Service will automatically change the status of all Disabled users to Pending Deletion after the users have been disabled for 90 days, or the number of days you configure. This feature helps prevent inefficiencies that result from processing large numbers of disabled users. See Automatic Bulk User Deletion for Cloud Authentication Service Coming in July for additional information.
- RADIUS has been improved to deliver an optimized experience with reduced friction to users by providing the following updates:
- Users will be automatically prompted for the Approve and Device Biometric authentication options, without requiring users to type a choice, if one of these methods is the user's default method or last successfully used method.
- RADIUS users will not have to enter their LDAP passwords during authentication when you configure the RADIUS client to manage primary (password) authentication and the Cloud Authentication Service to only perform additional authentication. Users will enter their LDAP passwords only once, as required by your RADIUS client. When users access protected resources they will enter only their username and additional (policy-driven) authentication method.
- The Cloud Authentication Service will help ensure that users who may have been terminated from your organization can no longer authenticate. Users who are not present in the directory server or are excluded from the User Search Filter scope are disabled in the Cloud Authentication Service during identity source synchronization.
- To ensure audit log compliance with industry standards, the Cloud Authentication Service will provide a REST API to retrieve Administration logs from the service.
See the Release Notes for additional information about this release.
For additional documentation, downloads, and more, visit the RSA SecurID Access page on RSA Link.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.