000036621 - Which email preferences in RSA Link are required in order to receive notifications for advisories?

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Aug 14, 2018Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Aug 14, 2018
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000036621
Applies ToRSA Link Users
IssueWhen configuring my email preferences for RSA Link, what are the minimum required settings to ensure that I receive an email notification whenever advisories for my RSA Product(s) are published?
ResolutionRSA Link users are subscribed to receive email notifications for product advisories (including security advisories, service notifications and technical advisories) in multiple ways:

• Users can manually subscribe to the advisories spaces to which they have access by clicking on the Follow button in the top-right corner of that space.

Follow a Space

• When customers or partners first register for an RSA Link account they are automatically opted-in to receive advisories for the RSA products for which they have an active maintenance contract.

News Stream

• Customers, Partners and employees can quickly select the RSA products for which they wish to receive advisories via the Subscriptions tab within the Case Management portal, or by navigating directly to https://community.rsa.com/subscriptions.

Subscriptions Tab

The second two methods above utilize an RSA Product Advisories news stream within RSA Link to manage the notification settings, which can be seen from the User Preferences page, whereas the spaces, content and people you "follow" are labeled as Inbox: Activity within the User Preferences page.  These two settings will both need to have the Email option enabled with All Activity set as the frequency, as shown below, if you wish to receive immediate notifications when advisories are published on RSA Link.

You will also need to ensure that the high-level setting labeled Receive email or mobile notifications when there is activity in the community? is set to Yes or you will not receive any email notifications from RSA Link.

User-added image
NotesRefer to the resources below for additional information about RSA product advisories.

Attachments

Outcomes