The instructions for searching for external groups that have NetWitness Platform user roles mapped to them.
To search for an external group:
- Go to Admin > Security.
The Security view is displayed with the Users tab open.
- Click the External Group Mapping tab.
- In the toolbar, click or .
The Add Role Mapping dialog for the external authentication method you selected is displayed.
- The Group Mapping section is dependent on the selected external authentication method.
- For Active Directory, select a Domain. Then click Search next to External Group Name.
- For PAM, click Search next to PAM Group Name.
The Search External Groups dialog is displayed.
- In Common Name, type a group name or part of a group name with the wild card character (*).
- Click Search.
The results are displayed in the External Group Search Results section.
- Select the group to which you want to assign roles and click OK.
Previous Topic:(Optional) Map User Roles to External Groups
Next Topic:Set Up Single Sign-On Authentication
You are hereTable of Contents > Manage Users with Roles and Permissions > Search for External Groups