This topic describes each user interface element in the Admin > Security view and in all related dialogs and tabs. The interface components are listed in alphabetical order.
The Admin > Security view provides the capability to manage user accounts, manage user roles, map external groups to NetWitness Platform roles, and modify other security-related system parameters. These apply to the NetWitness Platform system and are used in conjunction with the security settings for individual services.
What do you want to do?
To display the Admin Security view, go to ADMIN > Security.
The Admin > Security view has five tabs:
- The Users tab provides a way to manage user accounts.
- The Roles tab provides a way to define security roles and assign roles to user accounts.
- The External Group Mapping tab provides a way to manage access parameters for LDAP groups.
- The Settings tab provides a way to configure password complexity and expiration for internal NetWitness Platform users and to configure system behavior due to failed logins and inactivity. It also provides a way to configure external authentication.
- Review the Preconfigured NetWitness Platform Roles
- The Login Banner tab provides a way to set conditions which must be agreed to before gaining access to the login screen.