RSA Announces the September Release of RSA SecurID Access

Document created by RSA Product Team Employee on Sep 17, 2018Last modified by RSA Product Team Employee on Sep 17, 2018
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The RSA SecurID Access September release includes the following updates and improvements to the Cloud Authentication Service and RSA SecurID Authenticate app:

My Page - User Portal for Easy Device Registration

To enhance the security of device registration while minimizing user friction, this release introduces RSA SecurID Access My Page, a new web-based portal that uses multifactor authentication and QR or limited one-time-use numeric registration codes to complete device registration. See how this works.

Updated RSA SecurID Authenticate Apps for My Page and Android 9 Pie Qualification

RSA SecurID Authenticate 2.0.0 for iOS, RSA SecurID Authenticate 2.0.0 for Android, and RSA SecurID Authenticate 3.0.0 for Windows 10 contain the following updates:

• Updated device registration flow to work with RSA SecurID Access My Page. To register a device, iOS and Android users scan a QR code or enter a limited one-time-use numeric registration code. Windows 10 users enter a limited one-time-use numeric registration code.
  • If you require users to enter a PIN or Device Biometrics to view the Authenticate Tokencode, the process to reset a PIN has changed. See the Release Notes for information about this change.
  • The RSA SecurID Authenticate for Android app is qualified with Android 9 Pie.
  • Bug fixes.

RSA SecurID Access User Event Log API

You can use the User Event Log API to export user audit logs from the Cloud Authentication Service. This feature improves auditing and security monitoring of end-user activity, which is useful for compliance audits, troubleshooting, risk assessment, and security information and event monitoring (SIEM) analysis. For more information, see RSA SecurID Access User Event Log API.

Preconfigured Access Policy with Contextual Risk-Based Analytics

To further assist new customers in getting up and running more quickly, an additional preconfigured access policy has been added to the initial three delivered in August 2018. The fourth policy applies a context-driven criterion that uses the Identity Confidence attribute to determine if additional authentication is required. This fourth preconfigured access policy is only available to Premium Edition customers.

Improved Logging for User Synchronization Events

Improved log messages for user synchronization events will make troubleshooting easier when users are automatically re-enabled or disabled in the Cloud Authentication Service, or when users are not found in the directory server during synchronization.

See the Release Notes for additional information about this release.

For additional documentation, downloads, and more, visit the RSA SecurID Access page on RSA Link.

EOPS Policy:

RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.

Attachments

Outcomes