RSA announces availability of RSA Archer Release 6.5.
RSA Archer Platform running on all supported Operating System (OS) platforms.
RSA announces general availability of RSA Archer Release 6.5. RSA Archer Release 6.5 delivers a number of enhancements and new functionality to the RSA Archer Platform, as well as updates for the RSA Archer Top-Down Risk Assessment use case and two RSA Archer Business Resiliency use cases.
Updates to the RSA Archer Platform in this release include:
- Usability, accessibility, and UI enhancements:
- Field-level encryption for Attachments and Images allows secure storage and access control for sensitive documents.
- Set Values List DDE enables “No Selection” as a value when resetting a values list based on workflow.
- Inline edit for Calculated Cross-Reference and Related Record fields via reference grids gives users the flexibility to edit dynamically related content within the context of a record.
- User interface improvements include bolding field labels and visual section separations on Record and Questionnaire pages.
- Silverlight removal for Managing Values List Editor in the back office.
- Export and reporting enhancements:
- Updated Content API capabilities to save content and retrieve related record relationships. Added a new public API to fetch tasks.
- Visual improvements for default chart settings provide a more modern appearance.
- Updated Microsoft Excel-based export functionality allows users to export up to a million records in a single file.
- New dashboard export to Microsoft PowerPoint format provides users the ability to edit before sharing RSA Archer dashboards.
- Updated capability when saving an exported file name will default to the RSA Archer report name.
- Updated capability to export questionnaires, including question text, in .CSV file format.
- Advanced Workflow enhancements:
- Bulk Update Jobs allows system administrators to make changes to their advanced workflow business process and bulk move enrolled records to the new workflow version.
- New full-screen option for Advanced Workflow Designer makes it easier to view and edit large or complex workflows.
- Performance enhancements:
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2016 SP1 and Microsoft SQL Server 2017 brings several Enterprise Edition capabilities to the Standard Edition, which many customers run to power their RSA Archer implementations.
- Data Gateway improvements help customers with large data sets stored in external systems that are connected via the Data Gateway to notify RSA Archer of changes in the external subsystem and allow RSA Archer to trigger calculations. This feature requires RSA Professional Services for implementation.
- Support for optional independent licensing of Elasticsearch for Keyword and Global Search for faster and more efficient indexing of content, performing "at scale" when large record volumes are present.
- Batch Content Save History Log further enhances the batch token capabilities to include support for tracking record history when using the token.
- Bulk Actions Dynamic Field Population enables users to dynamically populate a text field in content created during a Bulk Actions creation activity. This enables text fields to be built from multiple attributes to give fields like Title and Description more context during the bulk creation process.
- Job Engine improvements help reduce overhead and total runtime and provide additional measures for administrators to control how the Job Engine operates.
Updates to RSA Archer use cases in this release include:
- RSA Archer Top-Down Risk Assessment:
- New Scenario application enables users to create “what if” scenarios to adjust the granularity level of the assessment and tie them to risk register records, providing more precise analysis.
- New Scenario Library application allows users to create and manage a set of scenario templates that can be used to easily create new scenario records through a data feed.
- Delegated authorities provide the ability to route risks for acceptance to users that have been given the authority to approve a defined level of risk for each business unit level, ensuring efficient approval and ownership of risk throughout the organization.
- RSA Archer Business Resiliency:
- In preparation for future RSA Ready integrations, modifications to the record permission structure have been made to RSA Archer Crisis Management and RSA Archer Business Continuity & IT Disaster Recovery Planning use cases.
Additional information regarding these enhancements, as well as details on software fixes, can be found in the RSA Archer Release 6.5 Release Notes and What’s New Guide. View the latest use case documentation and obtain the installation packages on the RSA Archer Solutions & Use Cases subspace on RSA Link.
RSA recommends that customers running RSA Archer Releases 5.5, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, or 6.4+ apply this latest update. Please note that all releases are cumulative.
With the addition of support for SQL 2016 SP1 and SQL 2017 in Release 6.5, this and subsequent releases of the Platform will no longer support Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (with the exception of SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition). For more information, visit the blog Getting Future Ready: Database Edition.
To upgrade to RSA Archer Release 6.5 from RSA Archer Release 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, or 6.4:
- Download the Release 6.5 installer on RSA Link.
- A new license key is NOT required.
To upgrade to RSA Archer Release 6.5 from RSA Archer Release 6.0 or earlier requires a new license key that is specific to your environment.
- To obtain a new RSA Archer Release 6.5 license key, please follow these instructions.
- DO NOT install the new 6.5 license key to your 5.x environment. Doing so could result in some content becoming unavailable.
To read the Release Notes for RSA Archer Release 6.5 and additional release documentation, please visit the Release 6.5 subspace on the private RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community on RSA Link. Not yet a member of RSA Link? Register for an account on RSA Link with access to the private RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support (EOPS) policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.