000036975 - Why am I seeing the error "There was an error during the virus scan" when viewing a product download on RSA Link?

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Nov 27, 2018Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Nov 27, 2018
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000036975
Applies ToRSA Product Set: RSA Link (community.rsa.com)
Platform: Lithium JX (formerly Jive-x)
IssueWhen viewing a product download for an install package or other file within RSA Link, I am seeing the following error message near the download hyperlink:

There was an error during the virus scan. A previous virus scan failed. The file will be scanned for viruses the next time it is downloaded.

User-added image
CauseThis error is not due to there being an actual virus or otherwise compromised file, but is instead because of a known issue with the Lithium JX portal on which RSA Link is built, wherein the third-party virus scan tool that is utilized by the platform is unable to complete the virus scan for larger files (i.e. files over 100MB in size) and is instead timing out.
ResolutionThe error message will be updated in a future Lithium JX release to be more intuitive and more accurately indicate the reason behind the error.
WorkaroundIn most cases you should still be able to download the file even if the error message is displayed by clicking on its hyperlink.

The RSA product teams will also attempt to include further instructions (including a different download hyperlink) within the downloads page whenever this issue is identified, such as in the example below.

User-added image

If you encounter a download whose hyperlink has been disabled or otherwise inaccessible, please contact RSA Customer Support or post a discussion thread in the RSA Customer Support community on RSA Link for further assistance.

Attachments

Outcomes