Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at RSA Open Meeting, Registration Required; University of Colorado, 1800 Grand Street, First Floor, Denver
Starts at 1:00 PM · Ends at 3:00 PM, EDT (America/New_York)
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
University of Colorado
1800 Grant St, 1st Floor
Denver, CO 80203
Risk management within the public sector is challenging. Organizational risks come in many forms: privacy, cyber-attacks, environment, supply chain, employee health and welfare, fraud, litigations, resiliency and large projects are just a few examples. Risk affects all organizations, including Operations, Information Technology, Human Resources, Transportation, Tax and Revenue. Risks impact not only the department but may also affect the entire government organization. Successful risk management requires understanding and who and what is impacted and how to best implement.
Risk management works when agency governance is well understood and when government executives and their staffs are fully versed in defined policies, procedures, laws, regulations and best practices. Governance, risk and compliance together constitute an important public sector function for ensuring continuity of operations, cybersecurity, sound financial control, and ultimately high-performance mission delivery.
RSA would like to invite you to a lunch seminar where we will explore the challenges and opportunities surrounding governance, risk and compliance in the public sector.
During this seminar for government organizations, we will:
- Define the terms -- governance, risk, compliance -- in the a government context
- Identify key risks government organizations need to be aware of and plan for
- Focus on risk management and how government agencies approach defining, prioritizing and putting in place best practices and framework to mitigate risk
- Discuss how you determine which risks are confined to specific bureaus or agencies and which constitute enterprise-level risks
- Explore best practices for mitigating risks in key areas such as cybersecurity, identity, privacy and resiliency.
- Discuss what other state & local governments have done to address risk challenges.
We hope you can join us!
For more information, please contact Carrie Everett-Vaughan by email.
RSA Open Meeting, Registration Required; University of Colorado, 1800 Grand Street, First Floor, Denver