Certified Network Defender (CND) is a vendor-neutral, hands-on, instructor-led comprehensive network security certification training program. It is a skills-based, lab intensive program based on a job-task analysis and cybersecurity education framework presented by the National Initiative of Cybersecurity Education (NICE). The course has also been mapped to global job roles and responsibilities and the Department of Defense (DoD) job roles for system/network administrators. The course is designed and developed after extensive market research and surveys. The program prepares network administrators on network security technologies and operations to attain Defense-in-Depth network security preparedness. It covers the “protect, detect, and respond” approach to network security. The course contains hands-on labs, based on major network security tools and techniques which will provide network administrators real world expertise on current network security technologies and operations. The study-kit provides you with over 10 GB of network security best practices, assessments and protection tools. The kit also contains templates for various network policies and a large number of white papers for additional learning
Network Administrators, Network Defense Technicians, Security Operators, Network Security Administrators, Network Security Engineers, Security Analysts, Network Operators
5 days (ILT)
Students should have a basic knowledge of computer science and networks.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Learn about various network security controls, protocols, and devices
• Determine appropriate location for IDS/IPS sensors, tuning IDS for false positives and false negatives, and configurations to harden security through IDPS technologies
• Implement secure VPN for their organization
• Identify various threats to wireless network and learn how to mitigate them
• Monitor and conduct signature analysis to detect various types of attacks and policy violation activities
• Perform risk assessment, vulnerability assessment/scanning through various scanning tools and generate detailed reports on it
• Identify the critical data, choose appropriate back up method, media and technique to perform successful backup of organization data on regular basis
• Provide first response to the network security incident and assist IRT team and forensics investigation team in dealing with an incident.
• Troubleshoot their network for various network problems
• Identify various threats on organization network
• Design and implement various security policies for their organizations
• Learn the importance of physical security and able to determine and implement various physical security controls for their organizations
Click HERE to register for this training event.
If you have any questions please click HERE.