This is a Visual Studio Template (VB.NET) that allows you to quickly test API calls with minimal effort. If you just want to try out the tool without the source code, use the Archer API Template - Standalone Executable.
- Sample code is VB.NET with many common functions and examples
- Web References exist
- Login code exists
- Create a Session Token via Web Services API or REST API
- Input/Output windows
- View REST results in JSON or Grid
- Select from a list of REST controllers to run
- Helpful formatting options
- Keep Notes and examples
- Most values saved on close
- Updated Feb 26, 2016 to correct an issue
To install/use the Visual Studio Template:
- To install, copy the attached .zip file to \Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Basic.
Note: the file path may be different depending on the version of Visual Studio.
- Open Visual Studio
- Click New Project
- Select Visual Basic
- Select Archer API Template
- Modify Test button code
NOTE: The tool is not an RSA supported product and is intended as a proof-of-concept for non-prod environments and testing purposes. Archer Support or Engineering teams will not be able to customize or enhance it. Use at your own risk!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.