Currently, Archer does not have a system report for calculated field errors, but the data is written to the database and Archer logs. The downside with the logs is the exception message provides just the field id and it can be difficult to count for many days/files. The attached zip file contains five SQL scripts to report on calc errors, inactive and invalid calc fields. Please vote up .
|Calc Errors Heatmap||Counts the number of calc errors per day of week and weekly total in the last X days.|
|Calc Errors by application and field||Counts the number of calc errors by field in the last X days.|
|Calc Errors by application and field and error||Counts the number of calc errors by error in the last X days.|
|Calculations Invalid||List of invalid calculated fields that need to be fixed or deleted.|
|Calculations Inactive||List of inactive calculated fields that need to be deleted or uncheck the Calculate option.|
Even though a calculated field is inactive or invalid, Archer will still attempt to calculate the value. For relatively few records and errors, the impact is negligible. But if data feeds are creating/updating millions of records and there are bad calcs, this generates lots of unnecessary activity because it has to write each error to the log file and update the database which increases the content record save time.
On a weekly/monthly basis, run the SQL scripts against the instance database and provide results to application owners/developers for review and to take action on.
- Fix the formula. For example, use IF and ISEMPTY functions to confirm the field has a value before attempting to perform math with it.
- Delete the field if it is no longer needed.
- Copy the formula to save to an external source and uncheck the Calculate field option. The external source could be an Excel or Word document with list of calculated fields with details like date removed, who removed, change control id, field name, description, formula, etc. Then attach the file to the Archer application's Documentation section on the General tab.
Also, check out these other helpful links:
- Calculation Job details - SQL script to get details about PhysicalCalculationsWorkflow jobs like the Module, Calculated Field Ids, Content Ids, etc.
- 000032492 - SQL query to get details from the named_arguments column for a Calculation Job in RSA Archer
- 000038087 - Out of the Box Calculations Are Showing IDs Instead of Field Names in RSA Archer
- 000032074 - How to troubleshoot a hung calculation job in RSA Archer 5.5.2 and above
- 000027708 - Understanding when Calculations trigger in RSA Archer 6.x and differences between the As Needed vs Always options
Finally, please review and vote up these related ideas:
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.