With the increased use of IoT devices and constraints of security resources, organizations face issues with prioritization of risk and vulnerabilities. They need to focus on the appropriate security considerations to minimize risks and threats and ensure that the right security controls are in place. When organizations do not properly identify security gaps, they risk investing in unnecessary security measures.
Today's complex and changing security landscape makes deciding where to focus security resources a challenge for many organizations. To provide a framework to assess IoT security practices and implementation, the Security Maturity Model (SMM) was developed by the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC). This framework helps organizations understand where they are as far as security is concerned and identify the gaps from where they would like to be.
Introduced to help you use the SMM framework, the RSA Archer IIC-Aligned IoT Security Maturity Assessment app-pack allows you to complete a security maturity assessment to determine your organization's current security posture and document your desired security outcome. This app-pack allows you to identify security gaps and develop action plans to reach your desired security posture while focusing on standards, guidelines, and practices that work best for your organization or implementation.
- Create an IoT Security Risk Profile to capture security maturity assessment and results
- Identify the scope of the maturity assessment
- Determine current and target security maturity levels
- Develop remediation plans to address gaps in security posture and maturity
- Understanding the security posture for IoT implementations
- Minimizing impacts to your organization through proper mitigation of security risks
- Prioritizing security resources for IoT implementations
- Compliance with standards and regulations through implementing appropriate security measures
RSA Archer IIC-Aligned IoT Security Maturity Assessment
IoT Security Assessor Dashboard
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.