Calculated Deep Link Field
We can create a calculated field to form the deep link for the record. Now my question is, can we give that deep link as a hyperlink in any other field?
The new field should display as like key field, in the way the field should display its value and when clicking on the value, it should redirect to the record.
- Community Thread
- deep link
- Forum Thread
- RSA Archer
- RSA Archer Suite
What is the difference, from a business perspective, between a field that contains a deep link to a different record and a cross reference to that record? Especially now that we have calculated cross references?
A lot of questionnaire records are linked to our application and we want a calculated field to show the Questionnaire Id of the In Process record. We have a condition, at a time only one questionnaire record can be in In Progress status.
I have used the below formula to get the Questionnaire Id, its returning the questionnaire id but not the hyperlink of the questionnaire record.
"MOSTRECENTVALUE(REF([Assessment],[Questionnaire ID]),REF([TRP Assessment],[Created Date]))"
Some of the use cases are
1. Our users want some reports to do not display the key field, but they want some other unique field to display with the hyperlink.
2. There are 4 Assessments are connected to our application, all assessments will contain multiple closed records and one Active record. User need is to have 4 fields in an section which should display the Active questionnaire id with the deep link.
But you already can create a calculated field with deep link built in. What other fields you want to have the deep link?
You can e.g. use custom object as well.
1. Submit an enhancement request so that we can filter on the cross-reference display. Then, you could only show the active ones.
2. You could create a calculated text field on the questionnaire that you then reference on the target application.
The calculated text field would have to concatenate your URL and then include the key field of the questionnaire.
However, this isn't going to be a "hyper link", but an actual URL. To get it to appear as a hyperlink, you might be able to embed the html into your calculated field.
3. As Ilya Khen mentioned, you could probably do this with custom object and have it formatted as a hyperlink.