Configuring an Instance for Single Sign-On
In the below text I would like to direct your attention to item #8.
How do I verify it is working? If I can log in with single sign on at this point, why and I going to all the trouble to edit the web.config file? I have not been able to find any documentation on this. If someone cold provide some guidance, I would be very appreciative.
Set the authentication method for Single Sign-on
- Log into the Web Server
- Open the Archer Config Editor, go to Archer Technologies\Tools\Utilities\ArcherConfigEditor, right-click Archer.Tech.Web.ArcherConfigEditor.exe, and run as Administrator
- If you are the administrator, select Current User
- If you are not the administrator, select the next user, browse to the applicable user account, and then enter the password.
- The sub-directory is designated in the initial installation. For more information, see the Installation section of the Platform Installation Guide. If the web application was installed in the root directory, select that directory, for example inetpub\wwwroot\.
- In the configuration File field, browse to the sub-directory for the web application, for example inetpub\wwwroot\RSAarcher\web.config
- In the Authentication Options field, click Windows Authentication
- In the Single Sign-On options field, click Enable SSO
- Verify that the check box for Make a copy of the original file is selected, and then click Go.
- Verify that the setup is working
- Modify the web.config file for your authentication method