Frequent deadlocks in database
1. You have plenty of resources and these are not bottleneck?
2. Do you have many frequent feeds, calculations running on very short frequency?
3. Your DB maintenance tasks are running on regular basis?
4. You have SIMPLE mode enabled for DB, and you do not have transaction log backup running every hour?
5. Your DB settings are set on par with the guideline, at least your max DOP is set to 1?
6. No jobs stuck in a queue?
6. And plenty of other reasons... If you want more detailed and specific reasoning, call support.
A recent experience with a client yielded that there was no disk space available for the db swap file.
Be sure that the maintenance job is installed an running on a weekly basis.
If the searching is slow but working, then a query re-index will not solve this problem.
What rev of Archer are you using?
Yes a call to support is probably in order.
Some information you can collect before is
- Is there a significant number of jobs running?, what jobs types
- Do the deadlocks stop if the job engine is shut down?
- If job engine is causing the contention
- How many job engines do you have
- Have you tried limiting the work the job engine does?
- CPU limit
- Memory limit
- limit jobs by type