How to make custom object force run for all existing records in application
I have a custom object in an application A1 which is cross refereced in another application A2. I want my custom object to run once for all records in A1 without having to open any record in A1 nor clicking any buttons on records in A1.
Currently my custom object only works if anyone opens a record in A1.
Can anyone suggest
- Community Thread
- Forum Thread
- RSA Archer
- RSA Archer Suite
Unfortunately there is no way to accomplish this. Custom objects are browser specific driven and data import, forced recalculation or data feed will not invoke it.
I'm guessing this is related to your other post about striping HTML via a custom object.
If so you can create a one time Archer-2-Archer data feed.
- Create a report that has the tracking id and the text area field you want to strip the html from
- Create an Archer-2-Archer data feed select the report an load the fields
- Create a calculated field called StrippedHTML with this calc =StripHtml([text are field])
- Map the calculated field to your text field that will contain the stripped HMTL.
- Map the tracking id field accordingly.
- Set the tracking id as the key field and set the feed to update only.
- Run the feed
I suggest you do this in a test/development environment to make sure it works properly.
Thanks David, guess this would work
Yes David, this is related to earlier thread.
We might expect change in requirement hence did not put efforts on this. I was thinking if I can force run on click of Export button, since I'm doing this for sake of mail merge report