Looking for Ideas - Document Redlining
Good Morning fellow Archerists!
I have an ask for document redlining in Archer. While true redlining isn't possible yet (that I am aware of), I need to see how close I can get. The current system in use for contracts is a manual download/edit/upload solution. I can easily match that functionality in Archer, but my motto has always been "one step further", so I would like to improve on what they currently have. I know I'm not the first to have a need for this, so let's start a discussion!
What have you done in your Archer implementation to meet this type of need? Not only redlining, but versioning and tracking approvals? Have you enhanced an OOB application? Do you use a subform? Are your users satisfied? Do they want more?
If we put all of our ideas together, I am certain this talented group can come up with something!
Bank of the West
- Community Thread
- Forum Thread
- RSA Archer
- RSA Archer Suite
We have not done anything yet, and by the lack of responses here it looks like no one else has either! PLEASE tell me you have an idea!!!???
I'm drawing blanks, sadly...
The closest thing I can come to goes back to a presentation that Brian Olberz with Humana gave a couple of years ago at the Summit. I forget the exact details, but they had a way of versioning records with appovals, I believe within their policies. If I remember right it also involved a carboard robot on stage to visualize what was going on. I'll look to see if I can find it out on here and link it.
Would you please clarify what you precisely mean by redlining in Archer (or what your dream would be)?
Is it something like:
- We have an Application A1
- We have an ODA A2 where versions V1,V2,V3,Vn... of my A1 records are stored thanks to a DF
- (I know, this is not scalable to many applications due to the cost of ODAs...)
- The end-user has a screen layout where he is able to display 2 chosen versions to compare them?
Or is something like:
- We have a text field F
- The end-user must be able to compare F's value with a precedent value with rich graphical features similar to MS Word Track Change features (e.g. green color = newly added text, red color = removed text, etc.).