I'm having difficulty getting a few calculations to work properly in the Metrics application (out of the box, v 6.2). With multiple Metrics Results tied to a particular Metric record, I am getting "Not Calculated" for Standard Deviation, Average Value, Minimum Value, Maximum Vale, Median Value, etc.
An example of one of the calculation formulas (Average Value) is:
IF (COUNT(REF([Metrics Results],[Metric Result ID]))>0, ROUND(AVERAGEA (REF([Metrics Results],[Metric Value])), 2), "Not Calculated")
Formula validates successfully, and I've tried recalculating at the record and application level.
Any thoughts on what I'm missing?
- Community Thread
- Forum Thread
- key indicator
- RSA Archer
- RSA Archer Suite
What if you try to either of the options:
1. Launch Full Recalculation in the Application Builder.
2. Change Order of the calculation.
3. Change calculation option to - Always Calculate and Change/Save record.
A little background here...I have stood up this use case a few times and it's been a year or two since last using this. However, as you probably know, this use case relies on how each vendor metric record is defined. Based on that vendor metric definition, the related Vendor Metrics are evaluated and the vendor metric undergoes the calculation.
To address your problem & to add onto Ilya's comment...
- Make sure each metric is defined properly, the type drives how that metric is evaluated.
- Ensure you have at least 3 related vendor metric results records. There are some functions that require a minimum of 3 related records. By having 3 records, that should satisfy the formulas, especially the calculation using the SLOPE function.
- If your formulas are still returning the 'Not Calculated' result, make a change to the vendor metric record and save to trigger a record recalc. Check the results.
Hi Ilya, thanks for your response - the calculation order was correct, and I had tried the full recalculation - the problem ended up being the out-of-the-box calculation.
Hi Nolan, thanks for your response - this wasn't on the Vendor Metrics application, but the Metrics application, which functions a bit differently - I'll definitely keep these thoughts in mind when we look to stand up the Vendor Metrics functionality.
Solved this by changing the calculation formula itself.
Hi all, the problem ended up being the calculation formulas themselves. As Christine said, changing COUNT to COUNTA on each of the formulas did the trick, since you need COUNTA to count Cross-References, which the Metric Results were.
Thanks all for your responses! (Extra thanks, Christine!)