Related Records field
I created a cross reference field in a sub form and cannot find the related records field in the referenced application. Do related records fields not get created when the cross reference is in a subform?
- Community Thread
- Forum Thread
- RSA Archer
- RSA Archer Suite
- Tips and Tricks
If you look in the database you'll see that it gets created, but it has system_field_type_id = 46, which is Hidden Related Reference Field. You'll never see it in the UI, but it's there under the covers.
Sorry David just reading again, you mean I will not be able to get the count of records with a calculated field since the related records field is hidden?
Hi Rupa -
If you only need a count of the number of sub-forms linked to a parent application record, you can create a new calculated numeric field in the parent application for the sub-form using the 'COUNTIF' function. I would look at what unique fields exist within your sub-form to use for accurate counting, such as the 'First Published' field for example.
I would go with the solution Thomas suggested. You can add a tracking ID field to the subform, together with a calculated numeric field that uses a formula like [Tracking ID]. Then you can use a formula similar to the following to count the subform records:
COUNTIF(REF([My Subform Field],[Calculated Tracking ID]),">0")
Hi All, Sorry for delay in my response. I need to count the subform records from application B in my example above. Cannot get rid of Subform A1 at the moment.
In order to make sure that all records in B are from application A and A1, for now- following below steps:
- Navigate to record in Application A , create an new record in the subform A1 using subform field in A
- Create record in Application B from subform A1, link this record to Application A
- On Saving this new record in Application B, user directed to subform A1.
- User navigates back to Application A. By this time the record created in Step #2 is linked to Application A.
- In case record in Step #1 is saved system throws a Conflict message highlighting the record linked in Step#2 and we choose System values.