user ID's (while testing) hard to log out of Archer
While toggling back and forth between user ID's (while testing) it is really
hard to log out of Archer. I click log out multiple times and Archer is
still on user A.
For example I have 2 user IDs:
User A and User B.
I want to log out of User A to test as a general user.
I am unable log out and still have an issue after closing my browser and
clearing the cache
My suspicion is that Barjesh is on the right track regarding the "persistent session"
For testing, there are a few tricks that facilitate having multiple user experiences - without needing to log in, log out, log in again.
- Using a different browser.
Because they're different browsers, they have different cookies and will support distinct sessions.
- General user in Firefox
- Admin in Internet Explorer
- Different URL's
Because the "name" is different, it results in distinct cookies which allows different user sessions in different tabs of the same browser.
- Friendly name (e.g., https://archer.mycompany.com)
- IP Address of system (e.g., 127.0.0.1 - you need to know what IP address to go to)
- Machine name (e.g., archws-001.mycompany.com)
- InPrivate / Incognito windows and regular windows
The InPrivate / Incognito tabs leverage a different cookiespace than your "regular" browser tabs and, thus allow distinct sessions. (Note, multiple InPrivate/Incognito sessions share a common cookie set)
- Primary sessions in "regular windows"
- Secondary session in an InPrivate / Incognito tabs
Hope this saves you some time during your efforts.