Confirmed the Upgrade to 6.8 P2 has fixed this issue! (Along with another annoying bug with Inherited Record Permissions - ARCHER-91505)
Thanks again Scott, for raising the profile of this!
Yikes, that’s a pretty devastating defect. Are existing Inherited Record Permissions fields affected? Will it be fixed in Patch 3? That may be enough to make me hold off and redirect my users to IE for the time being.
Existing inherited Record Permission fields were ok as long as you didn't attempt to edit... then you got the old Unexpected Error.
Confirmed fixed in P2 🙂
Hello Archer community,
If anyone is interested, we could distribute this hotfix solution for free.
The logic in our solution:
- First, we will find all the possible Popup triggering buttons on the page, including those dynamic content loaded by switching tabs.
- We add event listeners to those buttons, so that when the user clicks the button, we will be checking if the content of the popup actually renders, which is not that ugly tags of
- When it detects that it is actually the ugly tags, meaning the popup view is now in a broken state, it re-triggers the HTTP POST to fetch the real content again, and renders correctly.
- We will constantly monitor if the Popup content is broken or not, until a maximum amount of time has been reached, 2 seconds, meaning our solution won’t run all time to save the performance.
- We are also monitoring those dynamic content when you switch tabs in a record page because those UI elements are only rendered after a tab is activated, meaning the buttons inside won’t have that event listener setup until we apply them again after tab switching.
The solution script has some logic for the performance, safety concerns so it's not just several lines, it's a little less than 300KB so not suitable to just post it here, but if anyone is interested, let me know. We only tested in 6.4 and 6.6, and we don't have enough testing instances for all versions, so it might not cover certain edge cases for a specific version, but let me know and we could add logic to treat it if something isn't covered.
I have updated my Chrome to the Chrome 84.0.4147.89 and I am not seeing this issue anymore. I am using RSA Archer 184.108.40.206.
Before the update:
I hope this helps.
220.127.116.11 contains the RSA Archer workaround to the Chromium issue, so this test doesn't validate v84 as fix. Can you try with v84 against 18.104.22.168 and earlier (except for 22.214.171.124 which also has the fix).
Things are working well so far in 6.6 P3 with Chrome 84.x. I'll have a few other people test it out too.