Archer License activation servers are unreachable, giving server errors, or cannot be used
RSA Product Set: Archer RSA Version/Condition: 6.4 Platform: Windows
In some cases, the RSA Archer License Activation server is unreachable, unavailable, down to a maintenance, etc. . In this situation, both "Automated" activation and "Manual" activation of the RSA Archer product will fail with the below errors (or similar).
Image description Image description
The issue is caused by the Activation Site and/or server being down.
When the RSA Archer Activation Server is down, but RSA Link is still accessible it's possible to Activate Archer without using the RSA Archer Activation Server using the License file from your last Purchase Order.
5. Under "My Products" select the "RSA Archer Product" and click "Continue" -> "Continue"
6. Select "Order History" on the Navigation Menu to the left in the RSA Archer Download Central site
6. Locate the relevant or most recent Purchase Order for your RSA Archer Product. Click on the Serial Number
7. On the right side, click the icon and select "Licenses" Image description 8. Download the .ZIP file from the License Information page.
9. Extract the .zip file. It contains a text file.
10. Open the text file.
11. In the RSA Archer License activation screen on the Archer Control Panel, fill in "required" information.
12. Set license activation type to "Manual"
13. Paste the entire contents of the text file from (Step #10) above into the bottom right "License Key" text box.
WARNING: Any changes that RSA Sales has made to your license key after the selected purchase order (Step #6) was completed will not be applied to your Archer instance. This may cause an unexpected license expiration date, user count, availability of use cases, etc. to be reported for your license.
14. Click Activate
15. Review your license details at the top of the instance screen and verify that the expiration date, user count, etc. is valid.
16. IMPORTANT: When the RSA Archer Activation servers are back online, then you can use the automated activation method again to apply any changes or corrections that RSA Sales has applied to your license since the last completed Purchase Order.