RSA Archer supports role-based access control. RSA Archer allows you to create access roles that you can assign to users. Each access role is mapped to a list of user authorization settings. User authorization settings control rights or permissions that are granted to a user for accessing a resource managed by RSA Archer.
Creating an access role defines the application and page-level rights for all users assigned the role.
Create new page content, such as records, fields, notification templates, and content review stages.
Read page content.
Modify existing page content.
Delete page content.
Add an access role
- Go to the Manage Access Role page.
- From the menu bar, click .
- Under Access Control, click Access Roles.
- Click Add New.
- Do one of the following:
- If you want to create a new access role, click Create a new Access Role from scratch, and then click OK.
- If you want to create a new access role from an existing access role, click Copy an existing Access Role. Select the access role from the Access Role list, and then click OK.
- In the General Information section, enter a name and description for the access role.
- (Optional) To enter an Alias, click Apply, and then enter an Alias name.
- (Optional) To set access role as the default for all users and groups, in the Default Access Role field of the Default Access Role section, click Assign as Default.
- (Optional) In the Group Assignments section, assign groups to the access role.
- Click Apply.
- On the Rights tab, and select the (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) checkboxes that correspond to the appropriate rights for each page type.
- User or group access to the Manage Global Values Lists page provides access to all global values lists in RSA Archer. If you want a user to have access to specific global values lists and not all lists, select the appropriate CRUD access for the individual global values list.
- If you grant access rights to import data, you must also grant rights to the content record that data will be imported into. For example, users can import data into the Policies application only if they have access to Integration: Data Imports; Create, Read, and Update rights to Policies: Content Record; and Policies: Data Import.
Click Save or Apply.
- Click Save to save and exit.
- Click Apply to apply the changes and continue working.
RSA Archer 6.5